I've been working on a couple of sites the last week, and and both of them ended up using the "Popular Content" block from Drupal's Statistics module (not used on this site). One thing that I really don't like about that block is that is uses so much
vertical space, so to make it all webified I decided to turn it into tabs. I know there's a couple of modules like Quicktabs that allow for easily configurable tabbed blocks, but this was going to be one of the few tabbed blocks (in one case the only one) on the site, and it seemed like overkill to install a new module to "tab" a single block. I decided to just use the jQuery Tools
tabs plugin to fix the block.